About the job
Motoring is on the verge of a massive transformation.
By 2030 it’s estimated that there will be nine million electric vehicles –EVs on the UK’s roads. Charging them will put a significant strain on the National Grid
It’s predicted peak demand will increase by about a third. It’s critical we manage EV charging to protect the Grid from an electricity crisis.
From June 2022, the UK government has mandated that every charger sold must be Smart and pre-set to not charge at peak time, Charger Manufacturers will have to comply or face hefty fines. In the midst of this change – the EV driver is left confused, inundated with apps that still don’t fundamentally solve their problem.
Electric Miles is uniquely positioned to take advantage of this revolution. Come join us to solve one of the greatest challenges this decade. We have signed contracts for over 50,000 chargers on our platform in the next 3 years. We have a great team of 15 with vast experience and expertise in Energy, Software and Venture Building. We are a member of the government’s EV task force and we won an award for being the most innovative EV product in the UK. As a result, we are in a great place to be the leader in SMART charging and Grid flexibility Management not just in the UK but across the world.
Electric Miles are looking for a UK based Delivery Lead who will facilitate and manage our technology and product teams in the delivery of our services. You will facilitate and manage the successful completion of analytical, building, testing and deployment tasks of our e-mobility and smart electric car charging product features.
We’re building a supportive, inquisitive team who enjoy understanding pain points and solving problems in a customer and product focussed way. We are a dynamic and fast-paced environment and work with cross-functional teams globally to design, build and roll out products customers love. We are looking for a new member of our team who can plan, manage and successfully deliver projects to time, quality and budget. This includes coordinating the efforts of internal team members, third-party contractors or consultants to deliver projects in line with our company goals. You will work closely with the products and engineering teams and be responsible for managing the whole project lifecycle, from defining the project’s objectives through delivery and operations, to ensuring the quality of the deliverable.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and enthusiasm for the future of e-mobility, you will find a home at Electric Miles. Because to create products that serve everyone, we believe in including everyone.
- DELIVERY focussed – with a background in Software or App delivery working with multi-cultural and diverse development and product team.
- Defining project scope, objectives and deliverables that support business goals, in collaboration with products, engineering and senior management
- Choosing the appropriate delivery model (Scrum, Agile or Waterfall) and tailoring the delivery framework considering the scope, complexity and risk profile of the project
- Managing the project delivery throughout the lifecycle, defining the success/acceptance criteria and ensuring they are achieved using the best management tools such as project plans and Jira boards
- Working with all teams to estimate the resources, skills, capabilities required and costs to deliver the projects
- Establishing an empowered delivery structure, ways of working, provide clarity on roles, responsibilities and coordination points;
- Working closely with products and engineering teams to deliver the projects with quick time-to-market, optimal usage of resources with quick issue identification and resolution
- Supporting the product teams and when necessary picking up BA tasks to help transfer/translate requirements and user stories for the engineering team
- Responsible for all project and portfolio progress tracking and communication to all team members and stakeholders
- Identifying and working with the teams to manage dependencies and risks across the portfolio of delivery
- Working with engineering and operations to successfully transition our deliveries developed to BAU
- Conducting project lessons learned sessions and helping the teams learn from the past
Ideally, you’ll have
- Strong project management experience working in agile and waterfall (with qualifications) environments, with a proven track record of delivery to time, cost and quality parameters
- Proven experience working with/managing multi-disciplinary teams using both onshore and offshore delivery models
- Proven track record of the flexibility of approach and the ability to adapt to shifting priorities, demands and timelines
- Plenty of initiative and the ability to proactively propose innovative and creative approaches to delivery
- Strong problem-solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done
- Good stakeholder management experience with strong written and verbal communication skills including some technical writing
- Experience of building and maintaining strong working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
- Experience and ambition to work in a fast-paced delivery environment in a flexible and responsive manner
- Ability to set clear priorities for yourself and team members
- Experience in the use of Project management tools (Microsoft Project, Jira) and Microsoft Office (especially Excel, Word and Powerpoint)
- MS/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent professional qualification preferred
We understand some people may not apply unless they tick every box. If you’re excited about joining us and think you’d be a great fit, even if you’re not 100% sure… we’d love to hear from you.
We offer flexibility in where you work, choose between the office or remote and we’ll make sure you are set up for working success.
From us, you’ll get
- Starting immediately
- Competitive start-up salary up to £50k (with review as the company grows)
- Attractive Employee Equity EMI Scheme, with huge upside opportunity with tax efficiency.
- EV charger fitted of your choice from partners
- Pension contribution
- Private medical insurance
- Laptop of your choice
- Discretionary performance bonus (up to 10%)
- 25 days holiday plus your birthday off